The Lancashire Groundsman’s Association
Our aim is to promote the development of cricket ground care and maintenance throughout the County of Lancashire.
Groundsmen and the facilities that they manage are fundamental to cricket. The game is unique in that the playing surface requires far more consideration, care and attention to detail than many other sports which is why the role of the groundsman is vital in ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment for all players.
The association provides a link between groundsmen throughout village and club cricket right through to the first class arena, sharing best practice from a wide range of knowledgeable sources who work in similar conditions experiencing similar issues.
The association is able to provide:
- Educational courses on groundsmanship and related courses
- Offer local help, support, advice and guidance
- Access to specialist and bespoke machinery
- Promote cricket groundsmanship and promote best practice
- Provide access to saving on soils and other materials and supplies
The LGA has three qualified ECB pitch advisers (listed below) to provide support for the development and improvement of playing surfaces across the County. The role of the pitch advisory is:
- Advise on the performance and quality of pitches
- Provide recommendations for improvements that may be required
- Carry out basic or detailed assessments
We would encourage all clubs to make their respective groundsmen aware of the association and encourage them to become members, for the benefit of your club.
For more information and any other aspect of the Lancashire Groundsman’s Association please contact the Secretary – Mike Humphreys on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Paul Tatton. Mob: 07977 318406
• Adam Cooper. Mob: 07802 973095
• Eric Lanchin. Mob: 07831 943528
Sport England – Groundsmanship - http://www.groundsmanship.co.uk/cricket/cricket-home
Institute of Groundsmanship - https://www.iog.org/learning
Essential Guide to Cricket Groundsmanship - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLtUhzivrSZTtcaDzUEr_NW-ekVLgOeFd