Lancashire Cricket Foundation's 2017 in numbers
Lancashire Cricket Foundation has released its impact report for 2017, a year which saw the charity engage with more than 50,000 individuals.
Working on over 20 separate school and community projects, the Foundation aims to engage, excite, inspire and improve lives through cricket. Participants are able to enjoy a range of programmes and events; from disability cricket sessions to education and health workshops.
Lancashire Cricket Club’s official charity also works hard to fundraise in support of local cricket and community projects, as well as grass root clubs. In 2017, the team generated a combined total of over £350,000 through a variety of events, initiatives and donations.
Other key achievements for 2017 include:
- 249 cricket bats donated to local cricket clubs
- 17,677 participants were able to access high quality cricket provision, thanks to the ‘Chance to Shine’ schools programme
- 2,500 teachers attended training courses to widen their cricket knowledge
- Lancashire Thunder delivered sessions to over 1,500 Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and Rangers
- Three disability squads participated in national competitions for the deaf and visually impaired
- 1,147 pupils from 26 schools provided with high quality educational experiences through ‘Education Without Boundaries’
462 young women improved confidence and self-esteem through the ‘Girls Without Boundaries’ programme
Head of Community Growth, Sandy Mitchell, said: “We’re delighted to have released our ‘Impact and Performance Report for 2017’ and are extremely proud of what we have achieved, which is a credit to the incredible staff and support at Lancashire Cricket.
“The Foundation continues to grow year on year, meaning that the level of impact we’re able to achieve in the local area and beyond can also increase.
“Since merging with the Lancashire Cricket Board, we’ve never been in a stronger position to engage, excite, inspire and improve individuals through cricket and we’re looking forward to building on this success in 2018.”
The Lancashire Cricket Foundation provides high quality experiences that make a positive difference to the lives of the individuals it engages, in order to grow the appeal of the game at all levels. It aims to provide opportunities for more play, support the development of great teams, create inspired fans and address local community needs.
The complete Lancashire Foundation Impact and Performance Review 2017 is available for download, here.