Find out how to leave a charity gift in your Will. Get a free information pack and become a champion for future generations
Including a gift in your Will to Lancashire Cricket Foundation will make a big difference to the future of thousands of aspiring children across our County.
It’s your chance to leave a lasting legacy, show your love of Lancashire and help those in need within the community.
After looking after family and friends, whether it’s a percentage or a monetary gift, a gift in your Will could help us be there for the next generation of young people.
It will be the reason that we can continue to work with some of the most disadvantaged people in the country, providing them with opportunities to develop skills, confidence and improve their health, that would otherwise be lacking.
The Difference You Could Make...
However large or small, whether it’s a percentage of your estate or a fixed amount, the generous donations we receive through gifts left in Wills help provide ongoing support to people in need across the County.
- £1,000 could contribute towards the establishment of a bursary fund, providing disadvantaged young people with the opportunity to access six week’s free coaching at one of our Development Centres.
- £5000 could fund a Wicketz community hub for a year. Aimed at young people aged 8-19 living in deprived communities, Wicketz provides weekly cricket sessions as well as life skills workshops.
- £15,000 could contribute to the delivery of our early intervention programme, which uses the power of cricket to divert vulnerable young people away from crime and anti-social behaviour in their local communities.
Plan For Tomorrow...
When we look back over our lives, we think about the things that matter most to us; our family, our friends and our community.
By choosing to leave a gift in your Will to Lancashire Cricket Foundation, you’ll make a difference to the lives of those that need it most as well as your loved ones after you’ve gone.
What does the future look like?
The number of young people across Lancashire living in poverty is on the rise. These young people are vulnerable to poor educational attainment, future worklessness and to suffering with poor physical health and mental wellbeing. As this number increases, so does the need for our services.
A gift in your Will could help ensure that we can continue to be there to meet this future need. Through each and every gift we receive, we can carefully plan for the future and will be able to be there to help those people in need find their best way through.
The Right Wording To Include In Your Will...
If you decide to include a gift in your Will to Lancashire Cricket Foundation, please use the recommended form of wording given in one of the following paragraphs
- I give XX% / the rest of my estate after payment of funeral and testamentary expenses and debts to my Executor(s) in trust for The Lancashire Cricket Foundation, Guarantee (6393483) and a Registered Charity (1121855), absolutely for its general charitable purposes and I direct that the receipt of the Director General or other proper officer for the time being of the said Society shall be a sufficient discharge for the said monies.
- I give to The Lancashire Cricket Foundation, Guarantee (6393483) and a Registered Charity (1121855), the sum of XXXXX pounds, £XX free of Inheritance Tax for its general charitable purposes and I direct that the receipt of the Director General or other proper officer for the time being of the said Society shall be a sufficient discharge for the said monies.
Our Legacy Promise...
We understand that leaving a gift in your Will is a big decision. That’s why we’ve drawn up our legacy promise. If you choose to support Lancashire Cricket Foundation in this very special way, we promise that:
- We absolutely recognise that your friends and family come first
- We will respect your privacy and your decisions at all times, and will not pass on any details of your Will or other confidential information
- We will do our best to help in any way we can, but we will never seek to replace proper legal advice, or put any pressure on your choices
- We will handle any gift left to us efficiently, but also with care, sensitivity and respect
- We will always apply a gift according to the terms of the Will. Where there is any ambiguity or confusion, we will work with executors and solicitors to ensure that the intentions of the Will are followed as closely as possible
- As with every donation we receive, we will use any gift left to us wisely, to achieve the maximum benefit for those people we work to support
We’re here if you need us
We aren’t solicitors ourselves, but we can answer any general questions you may have about Wills and gifts in Wills, or provide you with more information about how we support the people we work with.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch with our Fundraising Manager, Phil Ascott, on 0161 868 6844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download our Legacy Brochure
Your decision today, could change tomorrow!